Sun, 23 Oct|
[Parent] How to make my child or teenager listen
Explore the underlying needs, we as parents have wanting our children to listen to us, how to achieve it through positive communication, at the same time to develop deeper understanding and relationship.
Time & Location
23 Oct 2022, 10:00 – 12:00 CEST
OSE Center, Rue du Bugnon 8, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
About the Event
As parents, we often want our children to listen to us and preferably follow our proposed actions, especially in situations or topics which we think are the best for them or perhaps we feel more comfortable or safe about.
Children, on the other hand, want to be autonomous yet supported, independent, accepted, and heard but guided. They want to feel respected, significant and connected while finding their stand and shaping their own identity.
In the session, we will explore the reasons, the underlying emotional needs and related behaviours of us wanting our children to listen, ways to deliver the requests, review (if any) pre-assumptions and expectations.
[Our ‘6 Parenting Hat’ is a great practical tools tool that helps in various developmental stages! Check out the session here.]
Guaranteed benefits from this session:
- Engage parents in a positive, playful, and compassionate manner while both get to know each other better.
- Learn new insights about the topic, yourself and each other.
- Get in touch with our own emotions, feelings, needs, unspoken thoughts, desires, and dreams.
- Experiment various easy-to-apply wellness tools and have fun.
- Towards the end of the session, you will gain positive & loving energy, to feel recharged and reconnected
- You will feel more confidence about your parenting.
Parents, please get your heart & mind ready to:
- Love, be patient, and have a fresh perspective of yourselfd.
- Positivity, enthusiasm, and a happy self.
- Most importantly, for your inner child who will come OUT during the workshop AND play :)
- Answer the questions above(if there is) and reflect on how your current beliefs may have unconsciously influenced your child’s perception.
- Invite yourself to take on this as a quality learning & experimenting ‘date’ with yourself, at your own pace to enjoy, share and have fun with other parents.
See you and your child soon in our session!
Regular Ticket [1 adult]
Select this ticket for one time visit
Family Ticket [2 adults]
Select this ticket for one time visit - covering you and your partner
Special Price [2 adults]
Select this ticket if you come with a friend