Sat, 09 Oct|
[Age 4-6] Will you listen to me? vs. Will you obey me? [MMM Parent-Kid]
Explore together how we (parent and child) may arrive at the same destination with the power of positive communication, affirmation, encouragement and open (curious) questions
Time & Location
09 Oct 2021, 09:15 – 10:45 CEST
OSE Center, Rue du Bugnon 8, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
About the Event
[MMM Parent & Child] ‘Keep Connecting’ series is a space to share a caring, positive, and a loving relationship together.
As parents, we often want our children to listen to us, especially in situations or topics in which we think our way is better or perhaps we are not feeling comfortable or safe about. Children on the other hand, want to be autonomous yet supported, independent yet accepted and heard yet guided. They want to feel respected, significant and belonged while finding their stand and shaping their own identity.
In the session, we will explore together how we may communicate in a way that fulfills both parent and child’s needs through affirmation, encouragement and curious questions.
* For a child: What is that you absolutely want your parents to hear? What is that your parents are not hearing?
* For parents: What needs are you trying to fulfill by your child obeying you? What is it that you want your child absolutely to obey? What opportunity for learning is your child missing out when he/she is obeying you?
Guaranteed benefits from this MMM session:
- Connect the parent and child in a positive, playful, and a loving way whilst both get to know each better.
- Learn new insights, get in touch with their emotions, feelings, needs, unspoken thoughts, desires, and dreams related to the topic.
- Understand oneself more in the light of the topic, use easy-to-apply effective wellness tools, and have fun while taking part in the well-being activities.
- Towards the end of the session, both the parent and child will gain loving energy, to feel recharged and reconnected with each other. (A bonus for parents: you will regain confidence again).
Please bring with you (for parents):
- Your love, patience, and an open eye for your child.
- Your positivity, enthusiasm, and a happy self.
- Most importantly, your inner child that COMES OUT AND PLAYS :)
Preparation and to bring:
- Reflect upon the above questions (parents being the role model may unconsciously influence how children view and manage towards the matter)
- Invite your child to have this quality date with you, assure your child that this session will be enjoyable, fun and special for the two of you.
- Outdoor necessities, i.e., hat, suntan lotion, drinking water, 1 extra t-shirt (in case of perspiration).
- 2 thin towels to be placed on the yoga mat provided (only if you prefer).
See you and your little one soon in our session!
Regular Ticket [1 adult+1 kid]
Select this ticket for one time visit covering you and your kid.CHF 40.00
5 Sessions Package/Gift Card
Select this ticket if you want to use your 5 sessions package card or a gift card [1 adult+1 kid]CHF 0.00